Breakfast? Smoothies? Yes!
Smoothies are always an easy and healthy breakfast side drink or full meal especially for people in a hurry or just fruit lovers.
Here is a healthy recipe that can be modified to how each person may like it such as, adding more fruit, chia seeds, protein powder, etc.
- 1 medium sized banana, this is a good base and it allows the smoothie to be thicker then just milk and berries. Also Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6
- 1 cup of milk, this can be any type you like, Coconut milk, Almond milk, Soy milk or even just regular milk. You can also substitute it with water if milk is not your choice.
- Adding fruit and extras, So this is where you can decide what you would like to add to your smoothie base. Sometimes in the morning I like to give myself a extra boost of energy by adding one of the following:
- 1/2 a cup Raw Oats
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder ( Sugar Free )
- 1/4 cup ground or chopped almonds
Pics supplied by Foter